If you didn’t know yet, I dyed my hair three weeks ago using L’Oreal Paris’ Excellence Fashion Intense Spicy Red. Of course I didn’t expect my hair would look as red as the model’s. I mean what can I expect from an at-home hair dye? But my hair does look kind of red now, and I personally think that it looks way better than the “default” hair color of most Malaysian-Chinese — coppery brown with a hint of strawberry blonde. Not that I’m against brown hair, but I’m a born brunette, so it doesn’t make any sense for me to dye my hair brown. Since it has been 3 weeks since I dyed my hair now, I thought I would jot down some of the things I wish I knew before I dyed my hair red.
1. My bathroom would look like a murder scene when I was rinsing my hair. But thankfully I managed to clean the bathroom afterwards.
2. Maintaining red hair is extremely DIFFICULT!!!! I should have known better when one of my co-workers dyed her hair purple few days before the Lunar New Year in February and it only lasted for about 5 days. Her hair was completely brown again when I went back to work after my 5 day holidays. But good for me, I read this post on The Beauty Department and also The Dainty Squid, so now I only use cold water to shampoo my hair and I unknowingly joined the “No Poo” trend, or you can say I followed Kim Kardashian.
3. People at your workplace might not take you seriously even though you did spend 4 years of your life studying in one of the finest business schools in the country and you are planning on finishing CIMA! UGHHHHH!
4. Your hair will still bleed a little even though it was already the third wash. (Yup! I have red/pink stains on my white towel.)
5. You dread the day when your red hair fades and turns brown again.
Do I regret dyeing my hair red? NO!!!
Because ever since I dyed my hair red, every time when I walk pass a mirror or basically anything that reflects my hair color, I’ll be like “Damn! Jasmine! You look amazing!”